Minutes of the Cabin Meeting held on April 13, 2018
Those in attendance: Carol and Gordon Madsen, Denise and Mike Farrington, Diane and Mark Ebert, Rosalyn Drage, Sue and Kent Cornwall
• Finance sheet for 2017 was reviewed. It was determined to have the 2018 allotment remain at $1500.00 per share.
• Gratitude and praise was expressed for the swings - a nice (re)addition to the cabin.
• Rosalyn displayed the finished address sign that will go up.
• LP Gas - it was discussed how the tank actually ran out last fall. Arrangements were made by Kent to have the LP company do an annual topping off of the gas every summer. In the summer the rates are cheaper. Each annual year uses between 65% - 75% of the tank.
• The phone will be connected just prior to Memorial Day
• There was a discussion about several incidents of the dogs from O. Lewis cabin aggressively coming into the J. Spencer Cornwall cabin area and with guests. This should be an item that is brought up at the Ranch Meeting
• There was concern about wood eating ants being in or around the cabin
• Appreciate Mike for getting the bar sink faucet installed
• There is a new chain saw and a new ax
• Appreciate the new step by step book which helps to open and close the cabin summer and winter. Please don’t HIDE the manual. Leave it out on the counter when you leave so the next guest can see it and use it if they are not familiar with the processes.
• Reminder that foliage needs to be cleared within 10 feet of the cabin per the Fire Marshal.
• Foliage needs to be cleared around the septic tank
• Talked about recharging and cleaning the septic tank
• Appreciate the cabin notebook
• Talked about checking the shingles on the roof - Kent said he did that
• Work days will be June 9 and June 16 and a makeup day August 11 . Gordon pointed out that we can work on the site around our own cabin those days and those hours will count.
• Josh Hollingshead is the new ranch caretaker. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
• There was discussion on the puddles that continue to accumulate near the flagstone. There was discussion on putting more flagstone or more seed and sod.
• Need to check the mouse traps when you arrive
• Discussion was held on the permanent bed coverings. The assignments for washing the coverlets and shams is as follows:
• West bedroom - Carol
• East Bedroom - Rosalyn
• Middle bedroom - Rosalyn
• Grandpa’s room - Allen
• Twin bedroom downstairs - Shirl
• Mattress replacement was discussed but no action determined
• Long discussion on the safety of the electrical panel. It was determined to have Kent look at the schematic of electrical panel, assess what certain actions would be taken to upgrade and ensure safety including the discontinued use of the two room heaters
• Circuits too small for load
• Trip circuits
• Bigger main
• Not grounded
• Fire detection
• Carbon monoxide detector
• Lengthy discussion on the Trust
• Send suggestions through appointed representative by July 1st
• Set a goal to have it signed by the end of summer