Leveling the Bed!
As you know the queen bed in the middle bedroom upstairs slants down towards the window. The floor is not level at all! My son Travis helped me come up with a solution! We found an old level in the shed and with the help of a leveling app on Travis's phone, we figured out how much rise we needed for the foot legs. We removed the wheels to make it more stable. The left bed leg needed a 4x4 block of wood with a 5" rise and the other 4x4 needed a 3.75" rise. We bought a butterfly drill bit and Kurt drilled holes in the top of the wood block for the leg post to fit into. We may need to perfect our idea next time we are there since we realized if we would have attached furniture sliders on the bottom of the blocks of wood, the bed could more easily be pushed in and out for making the bed.
Power Washing the Back and Front Porch!
My son, Trent, had the idea all on his own to bring our small power washer to the cabin. He told me it would probably do a really good job cleaning the wood on the back porch. He was right! Thank you, Trent!!!
New Comforters in West Bedroom!
Two breakfast items we took were bagels and frozen Eggo waffles. Both of these items did not fit into the slots of the toaster without getting stuck and burnt.(The old toaster was NOT discarded and is in the lower cupboard.) We hope you like the new toaster. It has a wide slots, plus a bagel AND frozen setting!